Oct 2021 - Feb 2023: Full-Stack Software Developer at Casavo
Jul 2017 - Aug 2020: Full-Stack Software Developer at Wonderflow
Jun 2014 - Jul 2017: Agile Software Developer at XPeppers
Between 2014 and 2017 in XPeppers I adopted essential agile & eXtreme Programming practices. Learned to write maintainable software, collaborate with my team and ship valuable product increments to the customer.
From 2017 until mid 2020 I worked at Wonderflow, a company based in Amsterdam/Trento, in the customer feedback field providing market-research analysis to businesses. One of the first hires, contributed to creating a solid development team and mentored others.
At Casavo, improving the housing experience, one digital step at a time. Learned hands-on about deep into Domain-Driven Design, Event-Sourcing, mainly Elixir and TypeScript/React/GraphQL, Kotlin and Python.
I really like the web, from the UI to the backend.
Have solid experience with the Node.js runtime, and I am quite productive with vanilla-JS and various libraries and frameworks on the client-side.
Worked on Phoenix backends, built event-driven software systems leveraging the BEAM with Elixir.
I also get things done in Kotlin and Python.
Had the opportunity to work with Java, Ruby (on Rails) and PHP too.
It was also very refreshing and I learned a ton when I experimented with Haskell (FP101 MOOC of Uni Delft), Elm and Go.
Open-source has been a part of me since the very beginning.
My OSS can be found on my GitHub profile.
You can support me on GitHub Sponsors
Coding in all kinds of tech fields that bring value to me, read IoT, Crypto, Bots, Apps, CLI utilities, Automation of all kinds.
At the beginning of 2021 I was very interested in web analytics and self-hosting.
That’s where Minimal analytics was born.
In April 2020 I made a fast static site generator and called it
mega-scraper aims to be a simple website scraping tool with proxy support, request blocking and various optimizations.
In the field of IoT, I made a watering system with a raspberry pi, camera, temperature and moisture sensors. the communication was handled via telegram and interactive buttons.
With the help of a bot I can water, request a snapshot or video of the garden and a timelapse of the past days.
Most importantly this enables me to water my plants remotely and seeing their current state through an image sent on a private telegram channel.
That was a fun time.
Right now I am probably writing code for
- minimal-analytics - super simple web analytics
- simple-jekyll-search - search for your jekyll blog
- mega-scraper - scrape a website’s content with puppeteer
- devblog - fast static site generator
- simple-telegram-message - send a telegram message in one line
- jenkins-stream-build - stream jenkins build logs in realtime
- justchart - display any json as a chart
- pocket-sync - sync pocket items to json
- coinmarketcap-scraper - CLI for crypto historic values
- trello-recap - recap of your trello activity
- open-weather-map-cli - CLI for weather
- 2021: Worked on The Lean Validation Playbook together with Fightbean and Matteo Cavucci
“Also appeared on”
Presented at Agile Venture Bolzano (archive.ph)
Write-up of my experience at ReactJS Day Verona in 2016 (archive.ph)
How To Host Multiple Node.js Applications On a Single VPS with nginx, forever, and crontab
- an article written for DigitalOcean in 2013 (archive.ph)
Pixel Week Challenge, by Piero Borgo (2015) (archive.ph)
- in exchange for a Dribbble sticker, Piero made me a Pixel Art portrait: thanks Piero!
Article on salto.bz: Die Engel hinter der Schutzengel App (archive.ph)